2018 Nebraska Citizen Corps Volunteer Preparedness Conference
Date / Time: August 17, 18 & 19, 2018
Friday, August 17th / 8:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday, August 18th / 8:30am – 4:30pm
Sunday, August 19th / 8:30am – 12:00pm
Light breakfast and lunch included on Friday/Saturday
Theme: Education Training Volunteerism
Who Should Attend:
Disaster responders, emergency managers, volunteers, clergy, public health officials, educators, and others interested in disaster preparedness and response.
Conference Registration IS FREE:
John B. Muller Administrative Services Bldg.
812 Bruin Blvd.
Bellevue, NE 68005
8/17: Choose from two different training tracks to improve your skills!
- Track 1: CPR / Save – A – Life training (includes Stop the Bleed, Hands Only CPR, Improvised Tourniquet, and Narcan Administration)
- Track 2: Volunteer Reception Center Training
Optional evening opportunity to tour Henry Doorly Zoo and talk with officials about disaster response procedures at the zoo
8/18: Hear from local & national experts about disaster preparedness and response.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Samantha Montano, University of North Dakota
- Chad Stover & Katrina French, Corporation for National & Community Service
- Mark Kitchens, FEMA Region VII
- Ashley Mueller, University of Nebraska Extension
- John Packett, Henry Doorly Zoo
8/19: Practice your skills with a full-scale disaster exercise