Threat Assessment Research
This program of research is multi-disciplinary but grounded in behavioral science principles. The research team engages in research opportunities that will add to the general body of knowledge while enhancing the real-world practice of threat assessment.
For more information, please visit the threat assessment web site.
Key PartnersDepartment of Defense, Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
FundingCounterintelligence Field Activity, Department of Defense, Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Nebraska Military Department, Northrop Grumman
In the News Articles
- New LPS Security Director Positioned to Lead District in Threat Assessment
- City council approves interlocal agreement on school security; LPS board vote Tuesday
- LPS follows city council and approves interlocal agreement on school safety
- Fischer Roundtable In Omaha Focuses on Mental Health and School Safety
- Fischer ramps up efforts to improve school safety, mental health treatments
- Leadership Lincoln Forum discusses how to prevent Mass Violence
- Lincoln Northeast student taken into custody after threat, faces 'serious consequences,' principal says
- Local schools participate in threat assessment training to prevent, prepare for attacks
- MomsEveryday: The impact of school shootings and keeping your children safe
- Nebraska School Officials Go Through School Safety Training
- Nebraska teachers consider responses if danger comes to school doors — 'no one is going to die on my shift'
- Organization works to prepare for potential threats
- Safety a serious priority for Hub Territory schools
- 'You have very few options when people show up armed': Nebraska schools learning to assess threats before violence strikes